Tuesday, March 31, 2009

From Snow to Torrential Downpour

We have returned to Mobile.  With Andy and I on different airlines both making 2 stops, we finally made it back home.  6:30 AM was actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be today, but I think that was because my body was just totally shocked to be up at that time. Work was very busy for both of us today and we have an opera wine tasting event to attend tonight.  

I guess I should have looked at the weather last night, because it started raining about 10:30 am and has not stopped yet.  Now these aren't light spring showers.  For all of us that have been on the "Fury of the Nile" at Worlds of Fun, remember that water fall at the end?  That is what it was like coming up to our front porch after I got off work, and obviously I didn't have an umbrella.  Down here in Mobile, people don't have gutters on their house, so the rain literally just pours off the roof.  Everyone says that it is not normal to have this much rain right now, so hopefully it will stop soon.  I am glad that our house doesn't have a basement and we don't have to worry about any flooding.  I just hope we don't find an alligator in the swamp that is becoming our backyard. ;)  Mom - I am just kidding!

Here is a pic of Andy and I at the theater.  I played the role of Frasquita in Carmen.  Nice make-up...eh?
We both had a great time in Billings.  It was really fun to actually get paid to sing and not have to be working/teaching during the rehearsal period.  When I wasn't in rehearsal, I read my book and enjoyed the views of Billings.  Andy on the other hand, is heading off to KC to conduct Pirates of Penzance on Friday, so he did have to study some during his free time.  (When were weren't at the Montana Brewing Company.)  

Mom and Uncle Jack came to visit to see our Saturday performance and we had a great visit. Here we all are after the performance.

Well, I promised some pictures of the view that we had from Shirley's house.  This is looking out her back door.  One with out snow and one with.  It was very serene.  She also had a wind chime behind the house that we could hear faintly from our room.  I think I missed that last night.  Maybe that will have to be a part of the backyard plans.  


The first week Andy was there by himself and he was welcomed with snow and freezing temperatures, but when I got there, the weather was beautiful and in the 60's.  We even played golf that week!!  Then the next week, it snowed twice about 6 inches each time.  We definitely were able to see both sides of Billings and luckily, the snow didn't interfere with either of our performances.  

It is nice to be back home and with Stella.  Now I just hope that the backyard will dry out soon, so Andy can cut the grass before he leaves...

Here is the picture I leave you with until next time...Don't worry, we were drinking Guinness on St. Patrick's Day not Miller Lite.  Maybe there really is a Leprechaun in Mobile?

No comments: