Tuesday, March 17, 2009

From Mobile to Montana

Andy and I are here in Billings, Montana performing the opera, Carmen. Andy has been in Billings since the 8th, but I arrived on the 15th. I am in my second day of rehearsals, and it is going very well. We staged so much yesterday, that we had one of our afternoon rehearsals cancelled. So here we are at the local coffee brew. Andy is studying and I am playing on the computer. :)

We are staying at this great house literally at the base of the rimrocks. It is so gorgeous that I had to take some pics. Yesterday was a beautiful day that was in the 60's until about 6pm. That is when a front came over the rimrocks and brought about 3 inches of snow. So again this morning I had to take some pictures to show the difference 24 hours can make.

Well, the temperature did warm back up today and all the snow melted. I am not even wearing a coat. I am glad that I have not been too wimp-a-fied living in Mobile.

Happy St. Paddy's Day to everyone. I am a bit sad that I am not able to make my customary green Rice Krispies® treats today. I did remember to bring my Guinness shirt for today, so I am prepared. I don't know if we will be able to find a Guinness tonight after rehearsal, but we will be toasting you from afar.

In Mobile on Saturday, the Morton's and I had some St. Paddy's Day fun. There was a festival downtown that had samplings of corned beef and cabbage and beef stew for all and a small parade. Sorry, I forgot my camera. It was funny because I recognized some of the floats that were from the Mardi Gras parades. Only they had shamrocks painted on them and everyone was wearing green. Nice! I did also bring a set of Guinness beads for Andy to wear today, so he wouldn't get pinched.

Well, I am having some technical difficulties downloading the pictures from the camera, and we have to get to rehearsal, so pictures will follow tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Get some pics up for sure!!